Professor Gordon Greenshields
- NHS and healthcare specialist
- Extensive UK and international connections
- Highly experienced
- Strategic managementHighly successful and well-recognised Senior-level executive in both the NHS and private healthcare sectors.
Expertise and Skills
Over 30 years of board-level experience working in a variety of health sector organisations, including all organisational levels of the NHS – trusts through to national boards.
Senior positions covering marketing, selling, public relations, finance and fundraising, HR and information technology.
Extensive and detailed knowledge of the inner workings of the healthcare industry – its strategic direction, management, financing and launching of new products and initiatives.
Successfully established three enterprises.
Positions and Connections
- NHS Executive – National Director of Finance & Corporate Information
- North Western Regional Health Authority – Chief Executive
- NHS – Director of Finance at various levels
- World Bank – Expert on Healthcare Strategic Issues
- Coopers & Lybrand (now PWC) – Consultancy Partner
- University of Chester Business School – Visiting professor
- Author of various books and papers
Routes to Market
Very well connected across the NHS and private healthcare industry – with strong links in both commercial and educational capacities.
Highly experienced finance professional who understands the complexities of the sector and how these are best overcome.
Skilled in strategic and new product development, with experience of where to go, who to approach and at what time.
Understands both small and large organisations and the strains of starting enterprises so can steer a clear path to success.